Lead UI Designer
Permanent | Sydney
About The Role
The Experience Design team’s role is to research and design customer-centred solutions to meet our client’s needs. Working collaboratively with all departments at Sitback, the Experience Design team brings ideas and concepts to life.
The primary purpose of the Lead UI Designer role is to lead a team of UI Designers – and be hands-on - to create digital products and services that optimise the user experience, are accessible, deliver first-class design aesthetics and drive both customer-centred outcomes and the desired business impact for our clients.
- A high level of energy and work output with a can-do attitude.
- A curious and forward-thinking individual - not afraid to ask questions.
- Strong desire for innovation and continuous learning.
- Excellent attention to detail in design solutions and ability to work closely with developers.
- Must be proactive, agile and can adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates effectively with individuals and in groups.
- Partner with Experience Design Director, UX leads and development teams to create engaging digital product experiences to meet project objectives and delight users.
- Lead a team of UI designers to create world-class digital products.
- Define best practice UI ways working for an optimal design workflow.
- Use sketches, sitemaps, user–flow diagrams, user research, website analytics and other means to create and improve interactive experiences.
- Organise information to create engaging UI and related deliverables; prepare both low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs; apply principles of accessibility, human-computer interaction, behavioural science (where applicable) and first-class design aesthetics.
- Develop mobile-first responsive prototypes to create engaging and usable digital products.
- Definition of design systems as part of a component-driven design approach.
- Structure information; test prototypes; observe usability; define specifications to improve the quality and effectiveness of the digital products we create.
- Proactively following up on projects to assess the impact of our work, implement learnings to improve our ways of working going forward.
- Lead new business activities from a UI design perspective including pitching proposed solutions to client teams.
- Collaborate with sales teams to support existing client relationships through estimating, presenting designs and providing expertise.
- Ensure expectations and deliverables are being met on time and on budget to the right level of quality.
- Plays an active role in leading the User Interface Design component of a wider Experience Design team.
- Actively participates in all Sitback internal meetings, including weekly WIPs.
- Actively seeks new opportunities or takes on additional responsibilities which are reasonably requested from time to time.
Skills, Education & Experience
- 7+ years work experience as a UI Designer (including 4+ years as a Senior UI Designer) within a digital agency or equivalent background.
- Tertiary degree in Design, UX/UI, Marketing or related field.
- User interface design, accessibility, usability testing, responsive web design.
- Highly skilled in using Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite and presentation tools such as Powerpoint, Google Slides and Keynote.
- Understand tech capabilities and work with production/developers.
- Creativity, design aesthetics, visual communication knowledge.
- Excellent end-user focus.
- Experience using After Effects, CSS and HTML is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must possess a strong team orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present work with an effective, coherent rationale and narrative.
- Trains and mentors Junior UI Designer as required.
We are an ambitious, hardworking team who strive to deliver great work! We are passionate about technology and continuous innovation. We are proud of our multicultural backgrounds and through shared respect and transparency we have an AWESOME working environment. We are a supportive team where development and progression are encouraged. Working with us at Sitback is a mix of passion, fun, and teamwork!
- A great working environment with supportive mentors and the opportunity to learn from experienced peers.
- A packed social calendar, BBQs, Active April, World Food Month, Serene September, Poker nights and much more.
- The opportunity to work with high profile clients.
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward-thinking and nurture ideas.
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed.
Our expectations of you - based on our core values
- TEAMWORK - Maintain productive and friendly working relationships with other members of staff, clients, partners and external vendors.
- EXCELLENCE - Ensure that all work produced is to the best of my abilities, representing Sitback in the most effective way possible.
- NURTURE - Support the development of my teammates, and always be looking for ways to improve my own knowledge and abilities to improve Sitback’s competitive advantage.
- INNOVATION - Use my experience and wider knowledge to find more effective ways to carry out my duties.
- FOCUS - Always consider the experience of our prospective and current clients, as well as my internal clients, ensuring whenever possible that everything I do is centred around their needs.
- COMMUNITY - Take an active role in connecting with my peers and the wider community. Take time out to rest and recharge and support my mental and physical health.
- SUSTAINABILITY - Consider the environment and wider society in the decisions I make. Look for opportunities to reduce my waste and carbon footprint and educate others on how they can be more sustainable too.
Diversity at Sitback
At Sitback we are proud of our culture. Our staff hail from many different countries and backgrounds, and come together through a passion for excellence and a love of what we do. Sitback is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment that embraces values, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance through the recruitment process