Lead Experience Design (XD) Consultant
Permanent | Sydney
You will be part of our fast-paced and highly skilled Experience Design (XD) team, delivering projects for new and existing customers. Day-to-day you will support our XD Director as the 2IC, mentoring, supporting and nurturing our senior and junior XD consultants, while taking the lead on exciting XD projects.
As a Lead XD Consultant you'll be responsible for:
- Delivering projects for new and existing customers.
- Acting as the 2IC to the XD Director mentoring a team of senior and junior consultants.
- Overseeing the end-to-end XD process, including identifying client needs and managing client expectations, identifying research objectives, conducting initial business and user research, translating requirements into IA and UI designs, and running usability testing sessions.
You will also act as the Lead XD Consultant on projects with specific skills covering:
- Leading the XD phase on a variety of projects.
- Oversee quality assurance.
- Mentoring other senior and junior consultants and leading them on project activities.
- Assisting with scoping new projects and business activities.
- Assisting XD Director with sales and networking activities.
- You will also be responsible for good housekeeping which will include:
- Client management.
- Providing accurate estimates.
- Responsible for quality assurance.
- Delivering on time and on budget.
- Deliver against project plans.
- Attending WIP meetings with clients.
- Training (attending and facilitating).
- Creating and maintaining appropriate assets / documents for the project.
- 4+ years of consulting experience in XD.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members.
- Excellent client / customer relations liaison skills.
- Experienced in research methods.
- Experienced in user-centered design.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Extensive experience as an XD Consultant (ideally in an agency environment).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of Axure and Sketch (or other wireframing and prototyping tools).
- Client focus in a service delivery environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Experience in all aspects of user experience research methods and user-centered design.
- Leading in a fast-paced environment.
- Coaching and mentoring (internally and externally).
- Highly competent in facilitation (workshops and training).
- Subject matter expert in XD.
What You Can Expect From Sitback
We are an ambitious, hardworking team who strive to deliver great work! We are passionate about technology and continuous innovation. We are proud of our multicultural backgrounds and through shared respect and transparency. We have an AWESOME working environment. We are a supportive team where development and progression is encouraged. Working with us at Sitback is a mix of passion, fun, and teamwork!
- Great working environment with supportive mentors and the opportunity to learn from experienced peers.
- A packed social calendar, BBQs, Active April, World Food Month, Serene September, Poker nights and much more.
- The opportunity to work with high profile clients.
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas.
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed.
- Knowledge of XD end-to-end process.
- Committed to ongoing learning and study within XD.
- Ability to mentor and train.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in and encourage a collaborative environment.