Senior PHP Developer
Permanent | Remote
Sitback is unlike any other agency you may have worked for. We are flexible, invest in quality training for our team, we have a diverse mix of clients and projects, and enjoy a great social side too. Our people are truly fantastic and the awesome family vibe is one of our stand out features. We are an experienced team and work in collaboration with each other.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure quality and on-time delivery led by our Tech Leads
- Web solution development, specialising in PHP.
- Contributing to the company development standards.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to emerging technologies and keeping team members informed as appropriate. With a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market, positioning yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Discussing technical solutions with our client and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Following/leading the development approach.
- Planning and presenting work against visual milestones.
- Test-driven development (where practical).
- Pair programming (where practical).
- Proof of Concepts (where practical).
- Peer code reviews.
- Driving Quality Assurance.
- Dedicated to task on hand.
- Must have strong development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members.
- The ability to articulate and communicate ideas and work requirements.
- A strong can-do attitude.
- Passionate about technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & skills:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in web development
- Minimum 2 years of experience with leading development on projects
- Excellent PHP programming skills
- Excellent Drupal skills
- Good understanding of PHP and MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of web application security considerations (preferred)
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Able to handle Apache and MySQL settings and setup
- Proficient with Linux environment via command line
- Proficient with Git repository
What can you expect from Sitback
We are an ambitious, hardworking team who strive to deliver great work! We are passionate about technology and continuous innovation. We are proud of our multicultural backgrounds and through shared respect and transparency we have an AWESOME working environment. We are a supportive team where development and progression are encouraged. Working with us at Sitback is a mix of passion, fun, and teamwork!
- Great working environment with supportive mentors and the opportunity to learn from experienced peers.
- A packed social calendar, BBQs, Active April, World Food Month, Serene September, Poker nights and much more.
- The opportunity to work with high profile clients.
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas.
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed.
Expectations based on our values
- TEAMWORK: Maintain productive and friendly working relationships with other members of staff, clients, partners and external vendors.
- EXCELLENCE: Ensure that all work produced is to the best of my abilities, representing Sitback in the most effective way possible.
- NURTURE: Support the development of my teammates, and always be looking for ways to improve my own knowledge and abilities to improve Sitback’s competitive advantage.
- INNOVATION: Use my experience and wider knowledge to find more effective ways to carry out my duties.
- FOCUS: Always consider the experience of our prospective and current clients, as well as my internal clients, ensuring whenever possible that everything I do is centred around their needs.
Diversity at Sitback
At Sitback we are proud of our culture. Our staff hail from many different countries and backgrounds, and come together through a passion for excellence and a love of what we do. Sitback is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment that embraces values, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application or contact us at [email protected] for assistance through the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide evidence of vaccination.
Share this job vacancy:
Interested in this role?
If the person we’re looking for sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Contact us to learn more about the role or to share your CV / portfolio with our recruitment team.